Average Employee IQ as a differentiator?

Bleum Inc, a Chinese outsourcer is hiring American college graduates with a minimum IQ of 125!

First I thought, are they serious?

Then I thought, why is IQ so important?

Then again, I felt, why not IQ?

Then my mind said, How about EQ?

What use is EQ without some IQ, replied the other half of my brain.

Whether or not IQ is critical to IT outsourcing provider success, I think it surely makes a catchy and colourful opening ( or closing) line in a proposal defense presentation to be able to say : 'All of our people are very very intelligent'

My experience is that a certain minimum IQ is called for without which you can't make much sense of anything. I also believe it is in short supply in many companies. But is IQ 125 better for career or company success than IQ 100? I dont think so.

In all the hype about EQ (which I agree is essential and in even shorter supply no doubt) I do feel that IQ has been buried rather unfairly for too long under the carpet.

Salute the Chinese for having dragged it out again.  

0 comments :: Average Employee IQ as a differentiator?

Post a Comment