My presentation at APMP Dach Conference

I got an opportunity to present to about 100 proposal and bid management professionals at the APMP DACH conference in Munich last week on the topic Innovation and Bid Success. You can see the presentation slides here (though on my screen they looked blurred). 


I was only reasonably satisfied with my presentation. The following were the issues with my presentation: 


  • The ideas were randomly strewn together. There was no story or flow from one slide to the next  except in some cases.
  • There were too many ideas on most slides. You cant expect to make more than 3 or 4 points per slide and still be understood.
  • I was often saying things which were unrelated or off-tangent to what was on the slide. This does not always work, especially when the audience is not native English speaking and is searching hard to find your words on the slide 
  • I could have simplified some of the slides by converting text into pictures. 
  • I could have added some more background slides explaining my definition of bid management  and so on.
Having said that, I enjoyed the experience and the interactions that followed.  


I think I have definite ideas on improving my presentation and if I get another opportunity to present on the same topic, I am sure to do better.

1 comments :: My presentation at APMP Dach Conference

  1. Hi Suresh,

    Thanks for providing the link for your presentation...I am going to use some tips and tricks for the upcoming big ticket visit.

    Thanks.

    Rgds,
    Shripriya

Post a Comment